F. A. Q.
Xylitol Health Products
Instructions for Patients
©2001 SQUIGLE, Inc. last revision Aug 6, 2001
These instructions are provided as a guide to patients who have been diagnosed by a physician or dentist. These Instructions are the result of many discussions with patients, physicians, and dentists. They are not rigid and unchanging. Of course, we hope they work for you. But if they don't, please contact SQUIGLE, Inc. toll-free at 1-877-718-0718 (9 am to 5 pm EST).
· This is crucial: Use Enamel Saver® Toothpaste exclusively. Patented Enamel Saver is free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and other irritating ingredients which contribute to bad breath. The flavor is mild to prevent irritation of delicate tissues. Enamel Saver® has 36% Xylitol to prevent plaque and cavities better than regular toothpaste.
· This is also crucial: Floss twice a day, before you brush. Use unwaxed floss. If your teeth are closely spaced, use Glide® floss.
· Use a small headed, soft bristled brush. Apply Enamel Saver® along the full length of your toothbrush. Brush for 2 minutes. When you are done brushing, gently brush your tongue (especially the back), the inside of your cheeks, and the roof of your mouth. Then rinse.
· Use XyliWhite mouthwash in addition to flossing not as a substitute for flossing.
· Don't smoke or use tobacco in any form.
· Abstain from drinking coffee if possible, green tea is better.
· If you chew gum, chew a 100% xylitol sweetened gum, such as Smart Smile®. It is preferable to select fruit or green tea gum, not cinnamon or spearmint.
· Take a multivitamin + multimineral daily, after a meal. (Twinlabs Daily One® is OK). In addition, take 500 mg to 1000 mg vitamin C daily.
· At the very first sign of thirst, drink a glass of water, not sweetened drinks. Preferably, drink water frequently enough so that you don't get thirsty.
· A short course of antibiotic or antifungal therapy is OK.
· Get sufficient rest each night.