F. A. Q.
Xylitol Health Products
Instructions for Patients
©2001 SQUIGLE, Inc. last revision Aug 6, 2001
These instructions are provided as a guide to patients who have been diagnosed by a physician or dentist. These Instructions have been created after hundreds of hours of discussions with patients and physicians. They are not meant to be rigid and unchanging. Of course, we hope they work for you. But If they don't, please contact SQUIGLE, Inc. toll-free at 1-877-718-0718 (9 am to 5 pm EST).
· This is crucial: Use Enamel Saver® Toothpaste exclusively. Patented Enamel Saver is free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and other irritating ingredients. The flavor is mild to prevent irritation of delicate tissues. Enamel Saver® has 36% Xylitol to prevent plaque and cavities better than regular toothpaste.
· If you feel you need to use mouthwash, use the following no more than once a day, during flareups:
· No baking soda -- it only makes matters worse.
· No chewing gum, especially no cinnamon or spearmint. One exception (see below). Don't use candy or breath mints, especially cinnamon or spearmint.
· A short course of oral cortisone or other steroids is OK.
· A short course of antibiotic therapy is OK. Likewise for a short course of antifungal therapy or antiviral therapy.
· Take a multivitamin + multimineral daily, after a meal. (Twinlabs Daily One® is OK). In addition, take 500 mg to 1000 mg vitamin C daily. Get sufficient rest each night.
· Visit an allergist to get tested for food allergies and sensitivities. Then avoid any foods you are allergic to or sensitive to.
· If you get any painful canker sores, they can be treated by applying: