F. A. Q.
Xylitol Health Products
Instructions for Patients
©2001 SQUIGLE, Inc. last revision Aug 6, 2001
These instructions are provided as a guide to patients who have been diagnosed by a physician or dentist. These Instructions have been created after hundreds of hours of discussions with patients and physicians. They are not meant to be rigid and unchanging. Of course, we hope they work for you. But If they don't, please contact SQUIGLE, Inc. toll-free at 1-877-718-0718 (9 am to 5 pm, EST).
· This is crucial: Use Enamel Saver® Toothpaste exclusively. Patented Enamel Saver is free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and other irritating ingredients. The flavor is mild, to prevent irritation of delicate tissues. Enamel Saver® has 36% Xylitol to prevent plaque and cavities better than regular toothpaste.
· Don't use mouthwash.
· Floss at least once a day, before you brush. Use unwaxed floss. If your teeth are closely spaced, use Glide® floss.
· No chewing gum--especially no cinnamon or spearmint.
· Don't use candy or breath mints, especially cinnamon or spearmint.
· Don't smoke or use tobacco in any form.
· Instead of soap, use Aveeno® Balancing Bar for Combination Skin to clean your face twice a day.
· Change your washcloth at least every 2 days. Use a separate towel to dry your face and hair, and change it at least once a week.
· To shampoo your hair use:
· Wash your sheets and pillowcases once a week. Wash your blankets once a month.
· A short course of topical cortisone or other steroids, sparingly applied, is OK.
· Take oral tetracycline for two weeks. Then wait two weeks, and try a short course of clindamycin (topical antibiotic).
· Take a multivitamin + multimineral daily, after a meal. (Twinlabs Daily One® is OK). In addition, take 500 mg to 1000 mg vitamin C daily.
· Get sufficient rest each night.